Wednesday, December 22, 2010
No this way Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It started in the car on the way to Trader Joe's to get something yummy to make for breakfast in the morning, Rylan said; "noooo this way Mama!" and pointed the opposite direction of where I turned. I thought it was so cute and I giggled and so did he. But then we got into the store and as I started to go down an isle to get some eggs, Rylan shouted the same thing as he did in the car! I still thought it was cute so I said ok and started the direction he pointed. BUT THEN, he changed directions on me again. I tried to reason with him explaining that we needed to choose a direction so that we could get some eggs for breakfast and he just started to whine and get louder. I tried every distraction I could and he just got louder as we just stood there. I tried telling him that we were going home if he didn't calm himself, and that didn't work so I said,"would you like milk chips and eggs, or do you want to go home" nothing worked. I ended up carrying him out of the store kicking and screaming, then tried talking to him again outside and we still couldn't come to a compromise. SO I ended up telling him that he would have to wait in the car while I got what we needed. He was so upset I thought I could walk away for a few mins and come back and he would be settled down and ready to come back inside.That totally didn't work so I ended up running into the store getting just eggs and going home. This marks the first ever official public tantrum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment