Today I started making Rylan some morning 10 grain and went to my computer to work while it cooked. I forgot about it even after the timer went off. Rylan came over to me and said, "Mom did you forget about my cereal?" I told him I did and he replied, "Well that's ok, I know you were working hard and didn't mean to forget, and sometimes I forget to do the things you want me to do too". I was in absolute shock of the his sweet empathetic response. I am so lucky :)
He is really interested in what is real and what is "retend aka pretend" lately. He wants to know whenever tv show characters are real people in costumes or if they are just cartoons that someone drew with a computer and has a real person voice. It's pretty cute to watch his wheels turn.
A couple weeks ago we went on a date. We went to Parkplace (a small mall in Kirkland that has been there since I was a kid) and saw a movie. He loved it! Then he made a huge milestone and decided escalators are not scary! They are fun! We went up and down holding hands a few times and then he got brave and went on his own without holding onto the railing and just lifted his toes when he got to the bottom. We walked around a little while and explored, played at the park until it got dark and headed over to Purple Cafe a nice restaurant that allows kids but really isn't a place for kids that aren't very well behaved. He was a perfect gentleman! I don't know where it came from, but he started asking me very inquisitive questions one after the other. "What is your favorite color? Why is it your favorite? What is the best place you have seen that color? What is your favorite food? What do you like to cook with me the most? Is making jewelry your favorite thing to do?" He would wait for my answer, listen carefully and ask something further. It was really adorable and amazing. The people next to us overheard and asked me how old he was and were very impressed to hear he wasn't a few years older! Someone anonymously sent some salted caramels to our table and there were 3. Rylan tried to insist I have two! But I let him have two since I have been trying to lay off any sugar and I never let him have treats like that.
A couple weeks ago I just got dressed and came out of my room and rylan exclaimed, "Wow you look so pretty Mom, that color looks so pretty!" He must have sensed I didn't feel pretty or something because then I mumbled to myself after looking in the mirror, "Maybe I should put on a skirt" and he said, "You don't need to change, you look pretty all the time just the way you are!".
My heart melted :)
Last week we played a game I used to play with my Mom. We pretended that he was at a restaurant. He requested nice ambience so we lit some candles and put on some music. I made him a menu and he ordered very politely then asked for his bill, I made him a receipt and a credit card that he paid with. And then he signed the receipt at the bottom and left me a tip of 11 hugs each meal!
A couple weeks ago I pulled a big box out of the garage and turned it into a house for when he came home from Nana and Grandpop's. I really had no idea how much he would love it! I have never seen him so excited about a toy! He still has it up but has added another box to it and quite a few other improvements such as a clock he cut out and drew, electrical wires and pipes, a mailbox, peephole, skylight and a creative paint job.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment