Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rylan is speaking really clearly and talking allll the time but still mispronounces a few words adorably. They sound so cute I have trouble correcting him.

nog=knob
scream=screen
leecause=because
member=remember
dentist=his friend Memphis


He is very intrigued by timers, alarms, gauges and clocks right now. He is always trying to figure out which is which in the car, in the fridge, on the stove, on the tv ect...today he said that he made me a timer to help me get up with the number magnets on the fridge.

For Easter the Bunny gave him some bean bags. There are 4 different colors. He has been making sandwiches with them. The red ones are tomato sauce, yellow is cheese, green is salad, and blue is bread. He taught me this morning how to make an open face sandwich and then how to make a closed one :)

Last night we went to eat at a restaurant that gave him a blank piece of paper to color on with crayons. At first he was really disappointed because he wanted something to color and he wanted his own menu. But then he realized he could make his own menu. He looked at my menu and tried to draw squiggly lines (words) in the same places as I had them. And then we had a huge break through in following directions! He was able to draw a cartoon cat by copying what I did! It turned out to be the cutest cat! I am going to have to save it! He was upset about how it turned out. He said it looked grumpy, not happy like mine. I hope that he learns that he doesn't need to be perfect the first time he does everything. I notice that he has an impatient perfectionist gene that I hope doesn't hold him back. I know I struggled with that a little as a child and still do sometimes. It is better to do it than to not do it because you are afraid it won't turn out perfectly!

The other day when it was sunny out, we talked about the different colors on the trees from the sun hitting them. And this afternoon when he was painting he told me he needed some white so that he could paint sunlight. I wasn't sure he had understood completely our talk about the trees but he understood completely and grasped the concept so quickly from one short conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment