A cute thing that Rylan has started to do the last couple weeks is whenever he is trying to describe a huge amount he holds up all his fingers and say, "like this many!".
A few days ago he called me a, "silly bunch!" he looked a little shocked when he said it like he knew that wasn't what he meant but then the little, "know-it-all" played it off and said, "Do you know what that is mom? That is silly goose and honey bunch connected that was what I wanted to call you!" I was really impressed with how well he pulled that off, (just like his mom would have hehe).
When we were at the store the other night I discretely placed a little 1.99 dart gun in our cart, he saw it but didn't say anything about it which was pretty shocking, I have never bought him any sort of gun so I expected him to flip out over it! Well then when we got home I said that I got him a surprise gift to thank him for being such a great helper, I wish I would have taken a picture to capture the adorable surprised face he made! He said that he couldn't believe I just got that for him and that he thought it was for my work or something and he said thank you about every 30 mins to an hour for the rest of the night and even the next morning! I am so proud of how appreciative he is. He consistently shows an impressive amount of appreciation and empathy towards others. It is incredible for a 4 year old. He is always trying to make things easier on me. Sometimes he needs an explanation to understand that something he did caused more work or sadness for me or another person, but he immediately understands and empathizes. I am so excited to see what wonderful way those qualities are going to take form in his adult life.
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment