Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yam & Carrot Pasta

Rylan is a very picky eater, and he sometimes will seem to like something for a couple bites then stop or like it one day and not the next. I have a hard time feeding him as healthy as I would like, because if it were up to him he would just eat bread, almond butter, pasta and cheese. What seems to be the easiest thing is to sneak veggies into foods he already likes. I have to puree them to sneak them in because if I hide it enough for him to put it into his mouth, he will spit it out if he can! Here is a recipe that he has liked every time I have made it so far!

Boil flax rotilli pasta
Steam Carrots and Yams or Sweet Potatoes then puree them
Heat a skillet with 1 T coconut oil or olive oil and add some chopped yellow onions (a sweeter variety) approx 1 cup and let carmelize
Add minced garlic (I use approx 6 cloves or more)
Add another T of oil then 1T flour stir quickly then add approx 1 cup milk
Add grated cheese to taste (I used pepperjack)
Season with salt and pepper
When it is thickened and creamy add the puree and cook approx 2 mins to make sure it is warm.
Pour over pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment